Code of ethics
- With regard to the care for the appropriate image of UDT by directing the services provided to modern, professional and effective operation in the area of public safety while stimulating development and meeting the needs and expectations of customers, constantly striving to provide services in an ethical and competent manner a Code of Ethics, which is a set of ethical norms and behavioral patterns is being established.
- Compliance with accepted ethical standards and behavior patterns is crucial for strengthening the credibility of the UDT in society, to achieve the highest standards of customer service and strengthening employees' identification with the company and its values.
- All UDT staff members are obliged to comply with the UDT's internal regulations, which define the basic principles and good practices ensuring impartial and ethical activities.
"Safety - Your Choice" campaign
In order to fulfil the statutory obligation to promote subject area related to the safe operation of technical devices, UDT runs a campaign called "Safety - Your Choice".
The goal of the campaign is:
• popularization of the rules of safe work and operation of technical devices subject to UDT supervision,
• promotion of good practices and shaping appropriate attitudes in the area of technical safety,
• prevention of accidents at work caused by the so-called human factor.
The "Safety - Your Choice" campaign is addressed to employees and their direct superiors, users of technical devices employed in sectors with high level of occupational hazards, health and safety services and vocational training centers.
• distribution and dispatch of materials prepared by UDT experts presenting the principles of safe equipment operation. Materials are also available at trade fairs and other events;
• publication of thematic articles in "Inspektor" magazine;
• organization of trainings and conferences for UDT clients on the subject of operational safety of technical devices;
• popularization of knowledge about the principles of operational safety during relevant trade fairs and external conferences.
The educational and preventive campaign "Safety - Your Choice" won the third place in the National Competition for Improvement of Working Conditions organized by the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy. The awarded project focuses on the operational safety of forklift trucks and construction cranes.
The competition honors technical and organizational solutions as well as scientific studies, the use of which contributes to the improvement of working conditions. The competition also promotes educational projects and promotes the subject of safety and human protection in the work environment.
Innovation & Development
Innovation and Development Department operates in the UDT structure. Its tasks include, in particular, identifying and implementing new research and testingmethods and proposing actions extending existing scope of activities performed by UDT.
Its experts regularly analyze global development trends in the field of diagnostics, research and measurement methods that can be applied in the Office's activities. They examine the usefulness of innovative methods, the level of their complexity, the methodology of research and the limits of research methods.
The next step is to validate the method, which is tackled jointly with other UDT units directly involved in its performance as a potential beneficiary.
If as a result of the validation the team of specialists acknowledges that due to economic and technical conditions the method can be applied in activities performed by departments responsible for testing and diagnostics, it enters the catalog of UDT expert services for entrepreneurs.
Innovation and Development Department conducts analyses of many innovative methods. This include, among others:
• use of drones in inspection (including testing of handling equipment, pipelines and tanks)
• eddy current (especially newly developed Pulse Eddy Current technique)
• infrared thermography with impulse excitation (changes in the structure of non-metallic materials)
• safety valves testing (during their operation)
• guided waves
• methodology for testing piping supports
• using the AUBT ultrasonic technique to detect high-temperature hydrogen attack
• using inspection robots